Nails - News
Read about the latest news about The Nails. Even 30+ years after the RCA albums, we are grateful that folks are still interested in the band. We'll try to keep this a running history. Maybe rss will be in its future if we learn how ...
David played a benefit in New York in November 2017. See David's website for Details
Late Summer 2015 - David has released 40 solo
songs recorded during and after The Nails.
Nov. 2013 - Mood Swing makes NY Magazine -
60 Great Albums You Probably Haven't Heard
We are first band listed for the 80s, no. 31 of 60.
Newly Discovered - "Post Punk Progressive Pop Party" Interview, December 1981
NEW! RECENTLY DISCOVERED!
MOOD SWING LIVE! OLD WORLD VILLAGE, HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA
SPRING 1985: DOWNLOAD - STREAM
- November 2009 - Hotel for Women CD has arrived. You can buy the CD from our Store Page, download from our MP3 Store, or purchase / download from CD Baby, iTunes, Amazon.com and most download outlets
Late September 2009 -- New York radio station WRXP 101.9 has 88 Lines about 44 Women as song number 388 in a listener selected Labor Day count down of 1019 songs
- May 2009 - For Ravers' fans - Rocky Mountain Low just released. It's a historical recording of the Boulder-Denver punk scene from 1977-1979. Contains 2 unreleased songs by The Ravers, the group Marc and David were in prior to The Nails.
- Click for a comic book about 88 Lines about 44 Women (new for March-April 2009)
- From George Kaufman's photo archives, photos of The Nails 1982 tour and trip to Los Angeles. 6 boxes of transparencies were discovered and are in the process of being scanned. Take a look!
More will come as the transparencies get converted.
- The Nails will never be the same with George passing away in March 2009.
- More Ravers! Listen to a recently unearthed live recording from The Ravers, from Denver's Ebbets Field club, Spring 1977. This was located in the Brooks Tower building, at that time, Denver's tallest. Download or Stream High School Days
- Nails/Ravers fans -- Recently released compilation CD called Local Anesthetic has been released on Smooch Records. This contains historic recordings of the Denver punk scene from 1977 through the early 80s. The Ravers' (under the name The Nails) seminal 3-song EP (extended play vinyl 7" 33 1/3 rpm) has been wonderfully remastered. All 3 songs (Cops Are Punks, Another Lesson and Big Star) appear on the CD. One review mentions, "...I look forward to three tracks far more than any of the (many) other wonderful songs on this compilation - Young Weasels' "Twist & Burn," Jeri Rossi's "It's A Mans Mans Mans World," and Nails' "Big Star." I think the reason why these three tracks stick out so much to me is because they are not only infectious but also completely unique. I could compare Young Weasels to Joy Division, Jeri Rossi to Mars, and Nails to...well, I have no clue who to even try with Nails ..."
- The Nails' latest cool licensing for a Promotion TV spot for Dexter.
- Read and view the story on George's website of the 2006 remastering sessions for The Nails' CDs, which occurred at Sony's NYC Studios. Would you believe what started the process to get our CDs released was a snail mail letter to BMG Special Products? It's true!